.VERSUS RHODE ISLANDGonzag | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 Jun 16
Not long after he won the Panasonic Open at the Delhi Golf Course (DGC) on December 4, Mukesh Kumar was asked a question by Rashid Khan, who had finished second. Solomon Thomas Womens Jersey .Uncle, aap retirement kab lene waale ho?(When are you going to retire?)?With a balding head and a small paunch, Kumar definitely resembles the uncle of Rashids description. The exasperation in Rashids query is equally understandable. Kumar, who had just won his maiden Asian tour title, is 51. He is currently the oldest player on the Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI).To put things in perspective, 26-year-old Rashid wasnt born when Kumar won his first tournament on what was then the PGA tour in 1989. Kumar had turned professional in 1984 and has been a permanent fixture on the Indian golf scene since. Hes played alongside a cross-section of generations of golfers like Rohtas Singh, Brandon DSouza, Ali Sher, Jyoti Randhawa, Jeev Milkha Singh, Anirban Lahiri, Arjun Atwal and now the likes of Rashid Khan and Honey Baisoya, the last of whom is only three years older than Kumars son.If you consider the son of a fireman first picked up a golf club at the Mhow Army golf course in 1979, Kumars golf journey has spanned five decades. Kumar has kept swinging even as his contemporaries and even his juniors have been cut down by age and injuries.He has some decidedly old-school tips for longevity. Its luck that I havent been injured but its easy to stay fit. Daud lagate raho, saada khana khate raho. Practice karo, kuch nahi hoga. (Keep running, eat simple food and keep practising. Nothing will happen), he says.For all his endurance and domestic success -- he reckons he has won 123 titles in India -- Kumar says the lack of success on the Asian tour always bothered him. He came close in 2012, when he finished tied-4th at the Indian Open but could never take the win.Some of the youngsters would say kya uncle? You have been playing for so long but you havent won on the Asia Tour yet? In the back of my mind I didnt want to retire without winning at least one title, he says. While theres no doubting his resilience, Kumar admits it was getting harder to mark a check on that Asian tour box.My strength is getting less day by day. I cant hit the ball as hard as I would when I was younger. Anubhav se khelna hai. (I have to play using my experience), he says. The tricky, bush-bordered layout of the Delhi Golf Club suited him perfectly.Going into the five-par final hole with a one-stroke lead, Kumar watched as his nearest rivals, Rashid and Jyoti Randhawa both parred. On his final approach, Kumar landed the ball perfectly on the green for a 15-foot birdie attempt. Kumar though didnt take it, opting to two-putt for par and the win.Perhaps if I was younger, I might have attempted a birdie. But it doesnt matter whether you win with a par putt or a birdie, does it? he says. The win also brought him the biggest payday of his career -- $72000.Kumar laughs when he recalls his first prize money. I finished tied-27th and got Rs. 1420. At that time I thought that was such a huge amount of money. Perhaps five years on, the kids will say that Rs. 40 lakh is nothing. But thats how life goes, he says.While the winning is a plus, Kumar is also looking forward to the fact that the win guarantees him participation in Asian Tour events for the next couple of years. With his goal of winning an Asian Tour event accomplished, he has now set his sights on winning a Tour title overseas.??Ive taken part in tournaments abroad before but back then I would only get a spot if someone else pulled out. Now I can pick which tournaments I want to participate in, he says. Kumars preferred tournament would have been the star-studded $2 million Hong Kong Open, co-sanctioned by the European Tour this week. But he cant travel because his passport is expired. There isnt much regret though.Thats just life, he says.Indeed Kumar isnt done playing and winning anytime soon. At his home in Mhow, Kumar says he has just built another trophy cabinet. For the trophies I will win in the future, he says. While hes hugely competitive, Kumar has a lot of respect for the younger generation of golfers.They are far better than what the competition used to be in the past. You could win tournaments with a plus [over par] score back then. Now you wont even make the cut. We would settle for less. These kids are far more focused and demand the best. he says. Kumar believes the current crop of golfers has immense potential, which is why he also likes mentoring them when he can.I stay young myself that way. Ive seen these guys grow up. And I do my best to help them. [Indias top-ranked mens golfer] Anirban Lahiri would play alongside me and finish below. He once asked me how to play better. I told him just play the course not your opponent. And once they get this its easy, he says.And while it may seem Kumar could play endlessly, he himself plans to retire at some point. I will retire in 2020. I will be fifty-five then. I could play longer and no one would stop me but 2020 looks like a nice number, he says.But a retirement date wasnt the answer he gave Rashid at the DGC on Sunday.Im going to be around you guys for a while now, Kumar told the youngster.Ok uncle, phir milenge Asian Tour pe?(Ok uncle, we will meet on the Asian Tour then.),?Rashid replied. Joe Williams Youth Jersey . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. Reuben Foster Youth Jersey .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternoon it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. http:///...n-foster-jersey.aspx . LOUIS -- St. SPOKANE, Wash. -- One thing was obvious when No. 14 Gonzaga took the floor against Bryant on Friday night: The Zags were a whole lot bigger.Gonzaga put that size to good use.Przemek Karnowski scored 22 points and Johnathan Williams added 20 to help Gonzaga beat Bryant 109-70.Zach Collins added 18 points for Gonzaga (3-0), which is seeking a 19th consecutive trip to the NCAA Tournament.Karnowski and Collins are both 7-footers and Williams is 6-9. Bryants tallest starter was Dan Garvin at 6-6.We had a huge size advantage, Gonzaga coach Mark Few said. You take what they give you.Five players scored in double figures for Gonzaga, which shot 55.7 percent from the floor to 42.6 percent for Bryant. Gonzaga won the rebound battle 39-34, and had a 50-30 advantage on points in the paint.Nisre Zouzoua scored 22 points and Adam Grant had 17 for Bryant (1-2), which lost to Gonzaga the only previous time the teams met, in 2013.They have tremendous size, not just in the starting lineup but off the bench, Bryant coach Tim OShea said. Even on the wing spots theyve got tremendous length.I thought for the most part of the game we competed pretty good, OShea said.Despite the lopsided score, Few noted that Bryant was always in striking distance for much of the game.Gonzaga enjoyed a big advantage at the free throw line, sinking 34-of-45 free throws. Bryant made 11-of-19.Both teams are known as the Bulldogs.Gonzaga was coming off a 69-48 win over San Diego State on Monday that was the Aztecs largest margin of defeat in nine seasons, a span of 260 games.The Zags built an early lead and slowly extended it for most of the game. Bryant was undone by 23 turnovers.Our press was good tonight, Few said. It created a lot of adversity for them.Nigel Williams-Goss scored nine Gonzaga points in a row for a 20-10 lead midway through the ffirst. Solomon Thomas 49ers Jersey. Collins scored seven straight points as Gonzaga pushed its lead to 27-12. At that point the Zags had made 11-of-15 field goals.Grant hit consecutive 3-pointers to bring Bryant to 34-25. But Gonzaga went on an 11-2 run to rebuild its lead to 18 points.Gonzaga led 50-38 at halftime, thanks to 16 points by Karnowski and 63 percent shooting. Grant had 17 points for Bryant in the first, including four 3-pointers, and they shot nearly 54 percent from the field.Both teams cooled off from the field in the second half, but Gonzaga relentlessly pulled away for the easy win.I think theyve got all the ingredients of a team that has the potential to make a run at the whole thing, OShea said of Gonzaga.BIG PICTUREBryant: Scrappy but undersized Bryant couldnt overcome Gonzagas size and hot shooting.Gonzaga: Taller Gonzaga had trouble putting Bryant away early despite good shooting, especially in the first half. Zags pull away in the second.UP NEXTBryant plays at Eastern Washington in nearby Cheney in the Legends Classic on Monday.Gonzaga plays Quinnipiac at the AdvoCare Invitational in Orlando, Florida, on Wednesday.POLL IMPLICATIONSGonzaga concluded a three-game home stand that featured three easy wins that are not likely to command much extra attention from Top 25 voters.NATIVE AMERICAN COLORSIn honor of Native American Heritage Month, Gonzaga wore customized turquoise uniforms. The color is symbolic of friendship in Native American cultures. The National Anthem was sung in Salish, a Native American language.VERSUS RHODE ISLANDGonzaga is 2/3 against teams from Rhode Island. It has beaten Bryant twice, and lost twice to Providence and once to the University of Rhode Island. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
jeje222
jeje222 Aug 11
hermes belts for men air jordan jordans for cheap kyrie irving shoes kobe basketball shoes michael kors outlet lacoste online shop louboutin shoes michael kors outlet store hogan outlet true religion outlet michael kors handbags led light up shoes dior sunglasses lacoste outlet lebron james shoes yeezy boost longchamp bags michael kors outlet jordan retro nike air max 2018 jordan shoes longchamp handbags michael kors outlet handbags links of london nike air max longchamp adidas gazelle sale cartier love bracelet nike air force 1 prada sunglasses jordan retro van cleef arpels yeezy shoes adidas nmd adidas ultra boost nike roshe run longchamp outlet adidas outlet online irving shoes adidas stan smith uk basketball shoes fitflops clearance adidas superstar yeezy boost 350 v2 yeezy adidas outlet pandora jewelry lacoste polo nike zoom christian louboutin shoes nike lebron 14 jordan retro patriots jersey yeezy shoes prada eyeglasses golden goose yeezy boost adidas tubular UK cheap jordans real jordans lebron 13 shoes roshe run golden goose outlet retro jordans nike roshe run burberry scarf http://www.nikedunks.us.org curry 4 nike zoom adidas superstar UK longchamp le pliage golden goose chrome hearts online adidas outlet true religion uk james harden shoes cheap jordans air max 90 golden goose sneakers nmd yeezy boost 350 v2 cheap jordans gucci belt yeezy boost kobe 11 nike air zoom tory burch shoes ferragamo belt nike air force 1 low nike air max 2017 kobe bryant shoes air jordan adidas stan smith timberland shoes air jordan shoes kyrie 3 cheap jordans air force ones michael jordan shoes longchamp bags timberland outlet hermes belt air max retro jordans nike air max yeezy yeezy boost 350 nike kyrie 3 longchamp handbags fitflops michael kors factory outlet air max 2018 yeezy boost tory burch shoes curry 2 nike huarache curry 3 kobe bryant shoes nike air zoom structure 19 michael kors handbags cheap jordans under armour curry 3 falcons jersey adidas yeezy boost nike polo yeezy shoes michael kors outlet store michael kors outlet air jordans chrome hearts golden goose sneakers cartier bracelet adidas nmd hermes belt pandora bracelet michael kors handbags kobe 9 adidas nmd pandora bracelet michael kors handbags sale vibram fivefingers true religion jeans nike huarache sale tom ford sunglasses cheap jordan shoes nike air force michael kors handbags michael kors factory outlet air jordan shoes nike roshe run asics sneakers nike air max95 nike air force 1 high longchamp bags kobe 9 stephen curry shoes michael kors purses pandora jewelry adidas gazelle nike dunks adidas ultra boost 3.0 huarache shoes michael kors outlet new england patriots jerseys longchamp michael kors outlet online kobe shoes adidas nmd r1 adidas yeezy boost michael jordan shoes lebron 13 low chrome hearts outlet http://www.uggoutlet.uk michael kors outlet longchamp online shop pandora charms nike air max 2016 nike air zoom pegasus 32 yeezys nike huarache nmd r1 adidas superstar hogan outlet online huarache shoes light up shoes adidas ultra boost curry shoes kobe sneakers gucci belts for men nike huarache adidas tubular reebok outlet adidas nmd adidas nmd r1 jordan shoes adidas stan smith men nike roshe one adidas tubular x adidas yeezy boost fitflops sale links of london sale ultra boost 3.0 links of london ultra boost lebron shoes nike air max 90 harden shoes gucci belts adidas stan smith women adidas shoes longchamp adidas yeezy yeezy boost 350 basketball shoes adidas tubular michael kors outlet online michael kors outlet pandora charms adidas neo online shop cheap basketball shoes light up shoes adidas online shop curry 3 adidas store true religion longchamp handbags led shoes nike mercurial vapor yeezy boost 350 true religion jeans nike air force 1 adidas neo atlanta falcons jersey van cleef necklace kobe basketball shoes patriots jerseys adidas yeezy adidas ultra boost 3.0 nike mercurial yeezy sneakers yeezy boost 350 v2 lebron 14 fitflops sale clearance adidas stan smith kobe shoes adidas ultra boost asics running shoes nike air force tom ford glasses air max 95 jordan shoes chrome hearts kobe 11 lebron 13 nike roshe run one adidas nmd ferragamo sale