ch.Sindhu will now face Nozomi Okuhara of Japan. A win against her will open Indias Rio account - even a defeat w | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
x123
x123 Jul 11
The latest Olympic hero for China is not even a gold medalist. Wholesale Indianapolis Colts Jerseys 2019 .Fu Yuanhui is popular for simply being herself -- unafraid to show her unfiltered, wacky facial expressions and candid words.Her smile lit up the deck as she took a victory lap with the bronze medal around her neck for her performance in the 100-meter backstroke. She didnt care that it wasnt gold, even if her country has long pushed athletes to get to the top of the podium.As if to prove the point, she thanked herself.I want to tell myself that ... your perseverance and efforts in the past have not been in vain, Fu said. Though I didnt win first place, I have already surpassed myself.Her candor -- paired with animated facial expressions -- is a rarity among Chinese elite athletes, who have spent so much time in the rigid state sport system that their vocabulary is often robotically limited by the state parlance that puts the countrys honor and national pride first.Just six years ago, a senior Chinese official chided short-track speedskater Zhou Yang for failing to thank the country first and only mentioning her parents after winning gold in the 1,500-meter event at the Vancouver Olympics.For decades, the Chinese public has been obsessed with Olympic gold medals but turned their nose up on anything less than the top spot on the podium. They even were downright cruel to athletes who failed to win gold and considered it a shame to come only second.The adoration piled upon Fu as her followers on social media swelled to nearly 5 million from 56,000 this week, the latest sign that China is moving away from the gold-medal mentality and starting to respect sportsmanship and athletes as individuals.The Chinese society has indeed changed. We still have the collective desire to remain first-class in the world, but we are respecting individual rights, opined the state-run newspaper Global Times -- known for its nationalistic stance -- on Fus soaring popularity.Although Fu Yuanhui is an exception, it marks changes in the generation of younger athletes. The echoing applause by the Chinese public marks a shift in the societal awareness, wrote the editorial, suggesting that Chinas politics is partly to be blamed for the restraints and reservation often exhibited by Chinese athletes.Born in an average family in the prospering eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou, Fu began to swim at 5 when her parents hoped the water exercise could improve her health and alleviate her asthma, according to a 2015 Chinese media report. Her talent emerged, and the girl was recruited into the municipal swimming team. Considered a genius in the pool, Fu competed in London but came home empty-handed. Unabashed, she reportedly joked she had drunk enough of the foot-washing water of other swimmers.Fu apparently has not considered the Olympic gold a must in her swimming career, a departure from state athletes who are tasked with winning for the sake of the country.On her 20th birthday in January, she posted this on her social media account: I know for what I live. I know the kind of life I want. Its simple. Joy. Loving Heart. Gratitude.This is what I want. Being outstanding or not, it does not matter.Her parents also put no pressure on her.We set no goal for her, but whats important is to enjoy the process and to be happy, her father, Fu Chunsheng, told local media in 2013. But theres one principle that she should feel no regret when she looks back on this experience after 10 years.It doesnt look like she will. The swimmer claimed she used primordial force in Rio, and the term became an instant meme in Chinas social media. And her exaggerated expression of surprise in learning her speed has gone viral:Incredible. I am that fast? she said. I am very satisfied. Indianapolis Colts Nyheim Hines Jersey .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. Indianapolis Colts Zaire Franklin Jersey . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. http://www.cheapcoltsjerseys.us/ .S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey. Ninth-seeded PV Sindhu produced a performance of skill, maturity and composure in beating the World No.2 and 2012 silver-medallist Wang Yihan of China 22-20, 21-19 in a pulsating quarterfinal in Rio on Tuesday. Sindhu is now one win away from a medal in her maiden Olympics appearance.The first game was characterised by long rallies, with both players making the other move all around the court, but Yihan had sped away to a 3-0 lead before Sindhu could lodge her first point.Sindhu, though, never let her opponent out of sight, leveling the score at 5-5, and then coming back from 8-12 at one stage to draw level at 13-13. Faced with a 15-17 deficit soon after having taken the lead for the first time at 15-14, she produced two smashes low to either side of Yihan to level the score at 17-17, before bringing up her first game points at 20-18.Yihan was able to save two of them -- the second producing 46 shots in 45 seconds between the two -- but then Sindhu closed out the first game 22-20 in 29 minutes.She showed very good attitude and it is good to see her perform at this stage. Of course there are chances of improvement in terms of a couple of areas, but I think undeniably the way she fought and pulled the strategy through was very good Sindhus coach Pullela Gopichand said.?Sindhu started the second game in an aggressive manner, smashing straight towards Yihans body. Up 4-2, she produced the point of the match when she retrieved the shuttle bending low to her forehand and then recovering in time to produce a firm backhand return that Yihan could only sink into the net.Sindhu consistently kept a gap between herself and Yihan -- up to five points at one stage -- and was exceptional with her play around the net in particular. Yihan tried to counter Sindhus positivity with some aggression of her own, but was never able to bridge the gap between herself and the 21-year-old Indian to anything less than two points.Sindhu was in sight of wrapping the game up at 18-13 before a forehand flick of hers went well wide, and Yihan took full toll to pick up the next ffour points to draw level for the first time in 34 points. Indianapolis Colts Jordan Wilkins Jersey. Taking the lead for the first time at 19-18, Yihan was surprised with Sindhus swift return of her serve, which enforced an error out of the Chinese. Sindhu closed out the match with two assured points to take the second game 21-19 in 24 minutes.Sindhu had a good lead in the second but Wang Yihan did well to cover that up but in the end and I think Sindhu stayed calmer and she was resilient enough to finish it up. To feel confident about her defence and then do it at the big points is what made the difference. In my book she can do a notch higher but what we saw today was fantastic Gopichand said.?Yihans head-to-head going into this match against Sindhu was 4-2 in her favour, though Sindhu had defeated her 21-18, 21-19 in their last meeting, at the Denmark Open in October 2015.Yihan had defeated Saina Nehwal in the semifinals of the London Olympics four years ago, before losing to compatriot Li Xuerui in the gold medal match.Sindhu will now face Nozomi Okuhara of Japan. A win against her will open Indias Rio account - even a defeat will give Sindhu a chance to fight for the bronze - but Sindhu herself was grounded.?All I can say is that Ill give my best. I hope theres more to come, she said. It was tough today, against the World No.2. She played well in both games, especially the second to tie the scores at 18-18. I cant say that I got lucky with the win, since she also played brilliantly.?Ive played Yihan many times before, winning some, and losing some. I just try to give my best on the day, because its always a tough game.The first semifinal on Thursday will feature Carolina Marin of Spain and Xuerui, following which Sindhu will play her semifinal against World No. 6 Nozomi Okuhara from Japan at 5:50 pm IST.Indias Kidambi Srikanth is scheduled to play his mens singles quarterfinal against World No. 3 Lin Dan of China on Wednesday at 5:50 pm IST. Cheap NFL Hoodies Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Jerseys NFL China Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '